Wednesday 17 November 2010
















This is not a brilliant video and I have got better ones done on previous visits. However, my videos are more like visual diaries .My previous blog  accidently placed the wrong video on the blog because  of the name St Augustine which also applies to the church in Burrough Green Cambridgeshire where I have many Ancestors.Anyway--the walk to the Priory is always a lovely stroll across the Sandbay point to St Thomas Point across Middle Hope--a place to enjoy the elements, converse with the cows or sheep, listen to the birds and waves and reflect on life's rich pageant. I leave home with a packed lunch and walk through Worlebury woods down to Sandbay where I meander along the coastline loking for ancient sea oysters or 'Devils Claws' over 40,000 years old. Eventually I reach the cove at the base of Sandpoint where if I am lucky the Icecrean van will be waiting---the toilets were all boarded up I noticed on this visit---more Goevernment cutbacks I guess.Anyway, I make way up to the top and then breath in the scenery for a good hour or more, depending if I stop to look for fossils or Volcanic rock, before reaching the Priory---I love this walk remembering that I also have to walk back so time must be  allowed  before dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

QUEEN VICTORIA Meets Russian Tsar: 1896 Movie Footage