Wednesday 7 July 2010

The Discovery of A Derelict Farm in Somerset


As part of my exploration of 'My Beautiful Somerset' I have progressed to adding cycling as a means of enjoying the countryside. Recently I went on a circular cycle ride on the WSM Cycling Route 33 via the village of Wick St Lawrence --here buried within the graveyard is the Chaplin family who have links with the Denmeads of Kingston Seymour and I have been carrying out some Family Tree research on these trees. Anyway, next to the church is a derelict farm which I was instantly attraced towards and  decided to have a wander---I was almost transported back in time, to memories of childhood and the smells and features of oldy worldy cider farms---I felt a sadnes for this lost farm so much a part of Somerset's rich farming culture---hopefully it will be saved and restored as others are in this village.I have placed a video of this visit to the farm on Facebook along with others parts of the cycle ride---

2 comments:

Featured Post:

QUEEN VICTORIA Meets Russian Tsar: 1896 Movie Footage